Experimental Scientist position open
- Location: Floreat, Perth, W.A.
- Tenure: Specified term of 3 years with the possibility of extension
- Salary range: $61K to $78k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- More details & to apply: https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Perth%2C-WA-Experimental-Scientist/465337800/
- Applications close: This position will remain open until filled (if the listing above is still live, the job is still open). Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on the opportunity.
- Team website: http://ecosystemchangeecology.org
This position represents an exciting opportunity within the Ecosystem Change Ecology team based in Perth, Western Australia. The team generates knowledge on the mechanistic links and synergistic interactions between landscape change, species invasions and native species resilience in terrestrial ecosystems. Working in both natural and agricultural systems, we undertake research and develop theory to underpin more effective policy and management actions for conservation, invasion and production challenges in the face of rapid global change.
Our location provides an exceptional opportunity to work on highly endemic and unique ecosystems across temperate and tropical climates, including the rugged and remote Kimberley and Pilbara regions, and the Southwest Australian Ecoregion, one of the world’s biodiversity hotspots.
The role of Experimental Scientists in CSIRO is to collaborate in scientific activities with other research staff usually by assisting with detailed planning, undertaking or assisting with experimental and observational work, and in carrying out the more practical aspects of the work.
The appointee will contribute to delivering the portfolio of projects managed by the team, involving quantitative ecology and ecophysiology with a focus on plants and invertebrates. The role will involve experimental design and execution, including the provision and analysis of reliable and accurate data from across field, glasshouse and laboratory situations.
If you would like to know more or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.